Saturday, August 15, 2009

First Attempt: Warped Polka Dots

It has always been a dream of mine to be a cake decorator! I watch the shows on TV, look and admire at friends' accomplishments. So, I decided to try a simple fondant cake. My brother and his family were in town and we wanted to celebrate their summer birthdays. Here it is:


Sorry, again, TERRIBLE lighting!



It was a hit! They all liked it! I think I'll keep trying and eventually, HOPEFULLY, get better. My next major attempt will be Lily's first birthday.

Stay tuned........


2 comments:

The Coleman Family said...

Love your cake! I haven't been brave enough to try fondant yet! How hard is it?

Megan Holdaway said...

That is cute! I tried fondant once with some friends and ended up eating it instead of making anything :) Good luck!